This is part of a stream of consciousness writing challenge. Precious Joy, http://pricelessjoy.co/, is who choose topic of favorite book. Five minutes of writing with no editing. The topic changes. See bottom for victim list
My favorite book of all time, “Something Wicked this Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury. It’s a story of boys just turning thirteen. Jim Nightshade and Will Halloway are best friends and neighbors sharing every waking moment together. Will has prefect family life wuth older parents. Jim has no father, and is disparate to get old to leave this town.
A week before Halloween, a night train cries out to the boys. Dark’s Pandemonium Shadow Show rolls into town in middle of the night. The barber tells people about the smell of ladies from foreign lands and cotton candy. Flyers now down the street. Empty store had banner announcing circus. A strange parade goes through town.
Dark’s plan is to feed on the desired and wants of the town. Drawing puerile in with special lure of the fair. A showdown with Will’s father provides a climax. Could you choose telling where your child is or being young enough to play with them?
A dark (pun, sorry) and Dark tale.
Word count is 164
These are the rules:
Open an MS Word document (or Pages)
1. Set a stopwatch or your mobile to five minutes or ten minutes, whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. Your topic is at the foot of this post.
3. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you begin writing, do not stop.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS Word (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post, write down ‘No. of words = ______’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within that time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least five bloggers).
8. Please put a pingback to this post on your completed free-writing piece.
So let’s go with favorite movie line. .. and a little of it means to you
And if you are reading this and have five minutes, let’s see what you have to say