First and foremost. Thanks for the nomination and the time spent reading and commenting on my site goes to Deb, https://onceuponahotflash.wordpress.com/. She has a site you should go visit. One of the most positive posts I have found.
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
1. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
Uluru, or better known as Ayers rock in Australia. I have completed the fifty states, and still have domestic stops to make. But this has always captured my imagination.
2. Who’s been a positive role model in your life?
The most positive were my Grandmothers. One taught me the love for the land with gardening. The other was the most modest person I have ever seen. One of the first women to be a township trustee in Ohio, and couldn’t run for Mayor because in small towns “they have to dig ditches” and she couldn’t do that. She always described the struggles in life as “well that’s just what you did”.
3. What do you like about your hometown?
It was big enough to ride a bike around. It was a bedroom community. Most people worked elsewhere and it has not grown it a large suburb then. Hidden corners filled the need to explore. Ponds to fish. Woods to roam.
4. What is the best meal you can prepare?
Breaded Cube Steak with real mashed taters and all kinds of pepper gravy. A nice mix of flour and bread crumbs, thrown in some sage, paprika, garlic salt, and pepper. Hold it on with egg and milk wash with a heavy table spoon of Lee Perrin worchester sauce. Fried to brown, then splashed with water and braise for half hour to keep it loaded with juice.
5. What’s your favorite chore to do at home?
Petting the cats. With four cats, this qualifies as work. One is pacing by my feet. Deciding if I look like I need something more important to do like pet her.
6. What’s your favorite book?
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Mr Dark is one of my favorite characters ever. Prefect mix of polite, direct, orderly man who goes completely opposite when needed. A respectable psychopath with only giving you what you want the problem.
7. What’s the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Check the date on the ticket to make sure it’s not an old ticket! Then move to the Big Island of Hawaii.
8. What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable?
This time of year it’s the home grown tomato. That will change once my first home grown sweet corn is ready. A black grape or cherry is up there to.
9. How many times have you fallen in love?
I’m not really sure. Far too many times. A dreamer’s problem when regarding life and those fantastic possibilities on the other side of the fence.
10. What was your favorite game or toy as a child?
Risk was the game of choice. It’s “countries” and strategies were opening my mind for travel plans.
11. What’s your favorite beverage?
Real sweet tea. Luzanne tea two large tea bags, two quarts of water, and one third cup of sugar.
Nominees to add to the list should include more people but looking at my own follows finding different voices is of greater interest. (And ones that may have not been through this). If you have been already nominated, consider this a reaffirmation.
Rantings of a Third Kind https://gunroswell.wordpress.com/
Four camels and a coffee to go https://fourcamelsandacoffeetogo.wordpress.com/
Definitely worth stopping by. We all like visitors. I’m better for finding them.