Reaching you like
Wrestling smoke rings
Hollow made emptiness
Or is it the other way?
Welcoming yesterday again
A mind trick of better times
Distance removes the barbs
Fantasy, the game of rememberence
No winter night rivals you
No stagehand can out perform you
If there’s every someone there
Deep inside the costume of yours
Do they realize they’re trapped?
Prisoner of self-doubt
Fighter to make-up for losses
Wraith haunting sacred ground
Gentle breezes remove smoke rings
They dissipate into thin air
Only then did we see what there
Truly nothing at all
3. Oscitant ((adj.) yawning, as with drowsiness; gaping. drowsy or inattentive, dull, lazy, negligent, malaise
6. Syncretism ((n.) the attempted reconciliation or union of different or opposing principles, practices, or parties, as in philosophy or religion.)
Use at least 10 of the words to create a story or poem
The words can appear in an alternate form
Use the words in any order that you like.
Tag: Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie and Wordle
My warren of logic collapses. An uncanny tendency that catches me in a tough spot stranded. The deal of syncretism was to reform the need to use my vertebra.
I look away to avoid my oscitant face giving up worry.
Your need for attention
like the leaves to the wind
Addiction of being front and center
Loneliness drowned in the crowd
Cheers from the alcoholic
Not that you would recognize him
His drink is your “hello”
Does either have a reason to forget
One that is not self-inflicted
Quietly you both fade into the night
However, just you look back
1. calyx [the sepals of a flower, typically forming a whorl that encloses the petals and forms a protective layer around a flower in bud|a cup-like cavity or structure, in particular|a portion of the pelvis of a mammalian kidney|the cavity in a calcareous coral skeleton that surrounds the polyp|the plated body of a crinoid, excluding the stalk and arms]
5. box-cutter [a thin, inexpensive razor-blade knife designed to open cardboard boxes]
6. suede gloves
7. dilettante [a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge]
10. drop box [(in weaving) a box situated on either side of the race plate of the loom that is designed to hold shuttles and to bring bobbins of colored thread in line as desired|a secured receptacle into which items such as returned books or videotapes, payments, keys, or donated clothing can be deposited]
Reason lays like a glistening bounty. She wraps herself in suede gloves and an obscure veil of espionage. She leaves the rest of us like empty calyx after the flowers receive box-cutter shave.
We were guilty of whispers of lurid and solicited truths. She, the dilettante that is she, hides her empty thoughts on a drop box painted in abstracts.
It was clear her taunting use of body was a lesson. With the fury of a war mission, despite the price I would pay, disbelief would be no option. I would slide into the dirt beneath her motives if necessary. I can win this game, or so i thought.
1. lockjaw [spasm of the jaw muscles, causing the mouth to remain tightly closed, typically as a symptom of tetanus|an accent associated with the upper class of the northeastern United States, characterized by a supposed lack of movement of the mouth and jaw]
3. adjuration[an earnest request; entreaty|a solemn or desperate urging or counseling]
4. laconic [(of a person, speech, or style of writing) using very few words| brief, terse, succinct]
6. spare key
7. swan song [a person’s final public performance or professional activity before retirement]
8. mellisonant [containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody]
The spare key to my mind clicked at the wrong time. I was trapped with lock jaw uttering my mellisonant swan song to an ambiguous costumed witch. My canter was an electric shock posturing me as a laconic dope. Her turning away left me looking in need of adjuration.
You challenge me with a route teeming with pretense. I should jump at the dearth of shock you attempt. How is it possible one could care so lightly? Not as individual drug, nor bulk helps to deal with you.
“He was such a shallow man. Always try to show he had risen above hi snake like personality. Glad to see you succumb to illness.” Tina kicks dirt into the open grave. Her pale thin face sneaks a peek at the five other mourners. “It’s go to see you in the hole but it should be much further. I’d put you below Hell. Maybe that’s deep enough.”
Tina fakes a dab at her eyes. “They came just to be sure you’re dead also!”
Cobwebs fill the hollows Places where the heart once beat Polished stone simulated warmth Lovely looks aren’t always welcoming Memory has cruel plaster coating Imperfections glide through life Perfection has its chains
“Is there not one crumb of dignity within you?” Her hectic voice screeching.
He barely lifts his head.
Which just enrages her more.
“Nothing to say, huh?” She snaps
Her left hand suddenly rummage within her purse.
Two shots ring out.
A figure covered in cloth falls