“It will be perfect!” She exclaims “Out here… We can be free. A green house with every environmental feature.”
“Imagine all laminate floors and steel beams to save the trees…. After they take out those on the middle where the house will go.” He smiles. “The dream house.. Once they tear out that horrific brown stuff growing where the sod should be.”
“Our own 3200 square foot 3 bedroom, 3 and half bath place for us two!” she looks at the full-size SUV. “And the dogs.”
“It’ll look so much better when they build the other 35 homes here. Nice manicured yards. This country life is really what we looked forward to.” he smiles back at her.
“Ouch!” she swats at a mosquito “We’ll need an exterminator! And a lawn care guy. But they have to be green.”
This week’s photo prompt is provided by Grant-Sud. Thank you Grant-Sud!
“The charges are very serious! Do you have anything to say on your behalf?” The judge scowls down at his rebel rouser.
“It’s a smiley face. Hardy gang markings… I mean the old man there is a grump like you…sir.” Manny looks down for another answer on his shoes “Why can’t you people smile once in awhile?”
The judge looks perplexed. “Why I smile! I smile all the time around here. Don’t I Julie?”
The court stenographer looks back a little shocked. “Yes, sir”
“We have a serous job. There are consequences for things. We need to show that here. But I still smile. We try to have…. fun.” the judge smiles like it hurts him Yes, we try to have fun here.”
“I thought a chalk smile was fun! Something nice to see” Manny smiles.
“Chalk, did you say chalk? I’m really wasting my time on graffiti charges!” the judge loses his smile again. “Prosecutor! Give me those pictures and one hell of any explanation!”
What do I want tomorrow
I ponder this riddle often
Pretending I control those plans
Reasons fly away like bats
Never upon straight moonbeams
Cascading upward, dust in breezes
Idling meanings with purposes
Proclaiming territory on receding tide
I can explain everything clearly
I have no knowledge of why or how
As this sun sinks to the netherworld
My eyes create what will be forward
When the clouds obscure my vision
I’ll repeat this over aftermorrow too
1. turn signal
4. swain [a young lover or suitor|a country youth]
5. gibbous moon [any moon that appears more than half lighted but less than full is called a gibbous moon. The word gibbous comes from a root word that means hump-backed]
6. fen [a low and marshy or frequently flooded area of land|flat low-lying areas of eastern England, formerly marshland but largely drained for agriculture since the 17th century|wetland with alkaline, neutral, or only slightly acid peaty soil]
8. bombshell [an overwhelming surprise or disappointment|a very attractive woman|an artillery shell]
9. Lilliputian [trivial or very small|a trivial or very small person or thing|early 18th century: from the imaginary country of Lilliput in Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels, inhabited by people 6 inches (15 cm) high]
10. mawkish [sentimental in a feeble or sickly way|having a faint sickly flavor]
I would pester her. The brunette bombshell whose melodious voice could corrupt my every thought. But like some mawkish lilliputian werewolf want-to-be, I waited upon a gibbous moon to become full and set me free.
I realize with no car in the garage, i was no more than a swain. The person driving down the road left turn signal stuck on like i had no idea when to turn. And when i did, there I was stuck in fen, knee deep in ooze.
You challenge me with a route teeming with pretense. I should jump at the dearth of shock you attempt. How is it possible one could care so lightly? Not as individual drug, nor bulk helps to deal with you.
“He was such a shallow man. Always try to show he had risen above hi snake like personality. Glad to see you succumb to illness.” Tina kicks dirt into the open grave. Her pale thin face sneaks a peek at the five other mourners. “It’s go to see you in the hole but it should be much further. I’d put you below Hell. Maybe that’s deep enough.”
Tina fakes a dab at her eyes. “They came just to be sure you’re dead also!”