Louise, with the “The Storyteller’s Abode” has provided our prompt photo this week. Thank you Louise!
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Tuesday.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at email@example.com
8. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.
The fog cleared. The grey sky was slowly breaking. The sea hadn’t calmed down yet. The waves thrashed the small boat inside. The body inside didn’t seem to notice. A spirit stirred, a shadow danced along the door frame.
The October storm comes every year. It builds from nothing. The radar shows clouds growing. The wind doesn’t have a source. It swirls toward the sky. The rain seems borne from it, not the sea or clouds.
Every year one victim lies on the water. The end is always drowned out of the poor soul. If they could only figure out how this one drowned inside the boat.
The shadow fades, it’s journey finished until next year.